One Day at a Time. Part 2

September 3, 2009

Yesterday’s post was getting a bit too long so I cut it off. But I never really got to the good part of my superlongwinded story!

In the midst of my hysterics, I realized I was very frustrated about Lily’s sleeping again. She wasn’t getting enough of it. She was waking up at 3am, then wouldn’t stay in her room. So then I was having to sleep in the room with her. If this were happening at our house, I would have locked the door and thought nothing of it. But being with Wes and Kim, letting Lily scream for an hour while banging on the door in the middle of the night just didn’t feel like an option. And they are leaving for Birmingham tomorrow, so I figured if we could make it till Friday, we would all be ok. And though I was worried about the negative effects my sleeping in Lily’s room would have on her for the next few days, I remembered the verse about just worrying about today cause tomorrow would have it’s own problems to worry about. That actually helped quite a bit.

So then ‘tomorrow’ came (which actually was yesterday). And it was awesome! I slept with Lily from 3am on, but we didn’t get up till about 7:45am! Awesome start! Kim was already up and feeding Topher who was also already up. All this moving and stuff has affected Topher’s sleep too, so instead of sleeping his regular 12 hours, he has only been sleeping 11. Not the hardest thing for me to deal with. Then it was nap time, and Lily cried for about 5-10 minutes. And then slept for over two hours. Superawesome. We hung out and played, and then when it was bedtime again, I put the kids down and didn’t hear a peep from them till 5:20am!

I used to think 5:20am was really early, until I met 3am. Now I am thankful when 5:20am is the first thing I see in the morning, along with Lily’s precious dimpled face asking for ‘Mook’, aka. milk. I was going to buy a sound machine yesterday, or possibly even some hard drugs off the street just to get Lily to sleep better. But I guess all she needed was a little time for herself to get used to the new changes in her life. I am trying really hard to be much more patient and understanding towards my kids, cause they are probably not really understanding what is going on. And they will probably be confused again when we move again in two weeks. And again in another 52 weeks… To stay sane, we are really trying to take all these changes one day at a time…



One Day at a Time. Part 2


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

get the newsletter

You don't have enough going on in your inbox.
We can help you with that. Jk.
We won't spam you.
Get updates on the podcast, and important foster care
and adoption resources!

Sign up for our newsletter!

Stay in the Know

Get the latest information from our episodes, and future giveaways, right in your inbox!

Get the Newsletter