Welcome to Episode 8!
Chris is back in the Guest/Co-hosting Chair, and we talk about a great book called The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor.
We dive into how Positive Psychology has gotten us to where we are, and how a little positivity, as well as negativity, can spread like wildfire. So, what will you choose to spread today? Will you be like Branch, or Princess Poppy from Trolls? Chris is definitely Princess Poppy.
Chris’ favorite takeaway from this book, that he found here, is “not the belief that we don’t need to change; it is the realization that we can.”
In this episode, we mention:
- The Corner Bakery. Home of the BBLT: Bacon Bacon Lettuce Tomato sandwich. Chris’s favorite. New location can be found at the Arizona Center. But click the link to find a Corner Bakery near you. Maybe you will run into Chris and I there on a hot date.
- Shawn Achor’s TedTalk, where he basically tells you all about this book in 12 minutes. Still worth the read though.
- EMMA STONE from The Help. Ugh. Drew a complete blank on her name while recording this episode. She played Skeeter Phlan, and Viola Davis played Aibileen Clark. All names that would not come to me.
- Love Does by Bob Goff. The part where he talks about getting into law school is not a lesson in how to get into law school. Instead, it shows the power of our words and how they can change people’s lives.
- Steve Martin has hosted SNL 15 times. I thought it was 7. Chris wants to be the Steve Martin of the Fostering Voices Podcast. He should aim for Alec Baldwin status, as he has hosted 17 times. Here’s the clip that made me think Steve, and my boy Justin, had only been on 7 times.
The (Good) Word of the Day
“A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.” -Proverbs 17:22
Even when we are in a negative situation, it is possible to still find good – if you look for it.
Friends, we encourage you to be an empowered person who empowers people! With your life. With your attitude. With your words.
And we also mentioned that if you are in need of prayer, we want to pray for you! Hit us up at email@example.com (I know. So unprofessional. A Yahoo account!) We are not just saying we will pray for you. We will actually do it. Thank you for walking on our journey with us. We want to walk on yours with you as well.
If you would like to connect:
Jihae on Facebook
Chris on Facebook
Fostering Voices on Instagram
Jihae on Instagram
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
AND we would LOVE it if you would SUBSCRIBE and leave us a review on iTunes! This helps others to find our podcast so we can share these voices from the foster care and adoption community with more people!
And, if you have a moment, please leave a review of this podcast on iTunes!
Episode 8: The Advantages of Being Happy
VIEW THE COMMENTS