This episode is near and dear to our hearts as we have Kevin and Bekah Tinter joining us on the podcast! The Tinters are GREAT supporters of our podcast, as they listen every week, and have sponsored two $100 Amazon gift card giveaways this season! But more than that – the Tinters are the amazing family that has adopted one of our sweet foster babes!
You have to listen to hear how the entire process came about – with its MANY ups and downs – and that’s not just from the state, or the broken system. The main ‘downs’ came within their marriage, and in the differing hopes and expectations that Bekah and Kevin had. But the big ‘ups’ were when they were able to work through all of those downs!
We also mentioned:
– Focus on the Family as a great podcast to listen to, for Christian families. This helped get the wheels turning in Kevin’s mind, that maybe they could get involved in foster care.
– 3 ways to know if God is giving you an idea/plan: 1. does it line up with Scripture? 2. Does Satan want you to do this? 3. Would you come up with this on your own?
– We talked about this video that our church did about our family, and our journey through foster care. The crazy thing about this video – it further encouraged Kevin and Bekah to want to be involved in foster care, AND we were waiting on the call to get Evie as a placement when this video was filmed. Small world!
– The Tinters believe in ‘Leading from the future’! Knowing what you want in the future, and taking the appropriate steps to get there. This has helped them in their business, but also in wanting to adopt Evie.
– The continued battle between Capability vs Capacity
– Major key to success in life, but especially foster care and adoption: learning to manage disappointments
– The importance of relationships with bio family, during foster care, and through adoption and beyond.
Some resources from this episode:
– Christian Family Care is the organization that the Tinters got licensed through
– Dr. Roderick Logan is the Amazing, and wise, and kind counselor who helped them through many of the issues that arose through the adoption journey. Contact your licensing agency for a counselor who should be free for you to use if you are having issues!
– Relentless by John Bevere, is one of Kevin’s favorite books that has helped him walk out his faith boldly!
The (Good) Word of the Day:
“Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”1 Corinthians 15:58
Such a great word! And a great reminder that love is never wasted, and any work done for God’s glory is never wasted either. But also, following God doesn’t ensure that life will be easy, and that everything will go your way.
Thanks so much for listening to another episode, friends!
If you want to connect on Social Media:
Fostering Voices on Instagram
Kevin Tinter on Facebook
Bekah Tinter on Facebook
AND we would LOVE it if you would leave us a review on iTunes! This helps others to find our podcast so we can share these voices from the foster care and adoption community with more people!