This week we have an amazing interview with Tia Thompson, an incredible woman, who has an incredible story. Or stories. There are so very many stories. But this week we are just focusing on a few of hers.
But, before we jump into the interview, in the intro, we give one life hack, and that is to pursue your passions with all of your heart! Chris read “Crushing It” by Gary Vaynerchuck, and so he was feeling particularly motivational this week!
In the rest of the podcast, we talked about:
– Adjusting and adapting! We adjust from being single to married, then again when we have one kid, and then when we have more kids. Tia is the queen of adjusting and adapting.
– Part of her story is that her husband has advanced ALS, is homebound, and communicates via fancy computer that he operates with his eyes! He is incredible! And so is Tia. And so are their girls. They don’t complain about anything, because this is their one and only glorious life. We could all learn so much from their example!
– Tia adopted her three girls via kinship placement, as she is technically their aunt, but fully and completely their mom.
– We need to give a major shout out to Veterans Affairs, as they usually get so much negative press, but they came through quickly, and so beautifully for the Thompson family.
– Tia is a full time stay-at-home mom and caregiver for her husband. But, she is also a notary, signing agent, and finger printer, so if you are in need of any of the above – email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Tia and Jeff are trying to teach their daughters about Courage and Strength, and they exemplify these attributes in their daily lives.
– This whole story is such a beautiful story of redemption, and we hope you enjoy this week’s interview!
The (Good) Word of the Day:
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Thank you Tia, for sharing your heart and your voice with us this week!
If you want to connect on Social Media, you can find me at:
Jihae Watson on Facebook
Fostering Voices on Instagram
Jihae Watson on Instagram
AND we would LOVE it if you would leave us a review on iTunes! This helps others to find our podcast so we can share these voices from the foster care and adoption community!