Here are our top 5 books from 2021 with honorable mentions of the other 40+ books we read this year. We love to read as a way to grow our minds to different ideas and perspectives and we hope you enjoy these books as much as we do!
0:00 – Intro
2:46 – Intro to High and Low from 2021
6:47 – Actual(!) High and Low from 2021
11:44 – The Books of 2021
13:28 – Quick Thank You to Our Sponsors
14:06 – The Books of 2021 cont.
31:09 – Good Word Of The Day!!!
33:21 – Continued Focus on Health
Gigantic 2021 Book Review
- 1 The Madness of Crowds by Douglas Murray
- 2 Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- 3 Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- 4 No Greater Love by AW Tozer
- 5 The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World John Mark Comer
- 6 Business Made Simple: 60 Days to Master Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Execution, Management, Personal Productivity and More Don Miller
- 7 The Tanning of America: How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy Steve Stoute
- 8 The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World Rosaria Butterfiled
- 9 Crying in H Mart: A Memoir Michelle Zauner
- 10 Never Lose a Customer Again: Turn Any Sale into Lifelong Loyalty in 100 Days Joseph Coleman
- 11 I Am Here: The Journey from Fear to Freedom Ashley Lemieux
- 12 Surprised by Joy: The Shape of My Early Life CS Lewis
- 13 Eat a Peach David Chang
- 14 Fortitude: American Resilience in the Era of Outrage Dan Crenshaw
- 15 Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age By: Jeff Goins
- 16 Come As You Are: Revised and Updated: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Sex Life By: Emily Nagoski PhD
- 17 The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- 1 Wizard’s First Rule: Sword of Truth, Book 1 Terry Goodkind
- 2 What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful Marshall Goldsmith
- 3 His Needs, Her Needs: Building a Marriage That Lasts By: Dr. Willard F. Harley Jr.
- 4 Nonviolent Communication: Create Your Life, Your Relationships, and Your World in Harmony with Your Values Marshall Rosenberg PhD
- 5 Public Speaking for Success Jim Rohn
- 6 It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership – Colin Powell
- 7 Twelve Pillars – By: Jim Rohn , Chris Widener
- 8 More Than a Carpenter Josh McDowell
- 9 Tangled Up in Blue: Policing the American City – Rosa Brooks
- 10 Re-read The Compound Effect
- 11 Feeding the Mouth That Bites You: A Complete Guide to Parenting Adolescents and Launching Them into the World Kenneth Wilgus PhD
- 12 Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew By: Sherrie Eldridge
- 13 The Anatomy of Peace, Expanded Second Edition: Resolving the Heart of Conflict The Arbinger Institute
- 14 The Outward Mindset: Seeing Beyond Ourselves The Arbinger Institute
- 15 Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box The Arbinger Institute
- 16 A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- 17 How To Have Your Best Year Ever Jim Rohn
- 18 Your Turn: How to Be an Adult by Julie Lythcott Haims
- 19 Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life – By: Craig Groeschel
Jihae – 29 Books
Chris – 19 Books
Jihae is the 2021 FV Pod Book Reading Champion!!
Lily’s devo she did on the Bible App – Growing Your Faith
Patrick Lencioni 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
Dave Ramsey Goal Sheet
Bek and Kev goal setting with kids
Good Word of the Day
“Don’t ask yourself how you can be more efficient, ask yourself how you can be more effective.” – Carey Nieuwhof
Wishing you all a great new year of healthy bodies, spirits, and minds!
If you would like to connect:
Fostering Voices on Instagram
You can also email us!
Follow us on YouTube!
AND we would LOVE it if you would SUBSCRIBE and leave us a review on iTunes! This helps others to find our podcast so we can share these voices from the foster care and adoption community with more people!
If you want to see how to leave a review, check out this handy little video!