Have we got an international adoption story for you my friend. Today we have Jen Walsh on the podcast, and she is a treat!
I found her on Instagram, and you must follow her as well. Her handle is em_erge, which I completely forgot to ask her what the meaning behind the name is. Next time! But Jen makes the absolute most INCREDIBLE skirts, and they are made all the more fabulous because they have pockets. But not just plain old pockets. No, these are pockets that are made from a material that she specifically picks out for her customer, something that will empower them, remind them of who they are, where they’ve come from. And she prays for these women while she makes these skirts and these powerful, personal pockets. Seriously. Check her out. But don’t fall too deeply in love with her talent, because I believe there is a pretty serious wait for a skirt!
We also discuss:
- America World – which is the organization she went with to go through her adoption
- Cocooning – the process in which you basically create a cocoon around your adoptive babes
- How to Adopt Without Ruining Your Family by Cheri Strange. This is a devotional that you can find in your Bible app, but I also found Cheri’s blog, which is where the link will take you. Love this straight-forward, so sugar-coating view of adoption.
- I also mentioned that I found Jen through Shannon of Sassy Soirees, so if you are in need of a wedding or event planner – this girl is amazing!
- It took the Walsh family about 3 years, THREE YEARS, to feel like a normal family. Things were hard for 3 YEARS. If you are in the middle of year one, and things are hard – you aren’t doing anything wrong, and you did not make a mistake in choosing to foster or adopt! Sometimes things are hard. Keep pressing on my friend!
- International adoption costs tens of thousands of dollars. State adoption through foster care (usually) cost us $0. people are called to different things, and Jen and her family were able to see God do Ah-Mazing things as they raised money to bring their two boys home.
(Good) Words of The Day:
We have A LOT! Cause Jen loves Jesus and has really needed to lean on Him, and His word.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
“He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” Philippians 1:6
Jen LOVES Philippians apparently. But my favorite thing that she shared, is that since she was a child, she would tell herself “God is in this place”, and often in the beginning days of the boys being home with her, she would hide in a room and tell herself “God is in this place, God is in this place!”
I love this interview so much. I hope you love it as much as I do, and I am so thankful for Jen giving us so much of her precious time, and sharing her huge heart with us.
Until next week!