Baik il

July 9, 2008

Saturday was Topher’s 100 day birthday. In Korea it’s a pretty big deal. I guess back in the day a lot of babies didn’t make it to their 100th day, so they still celebrate it now. Jeehon threw Sungu a pretty big ‘baik il’ party (baik is 100 in Korean, and ‘il’ is day) because she knew he wasn’t going to have a very big 1st birthday party. She had it at a hotel reception hall. All my relatives were there (this was when she was still in Seoul) and all of hers and James’ friends. It was a pretty nice shindig. Lily’s baik il party went by in a blur. I don’t remember it at all. But we went all out for Topher… we went to church in the evening. Then we got some KFC because Chris says that Saturday is my sabbath day and I shouldn’t have to cook (I LOVE SAturdays!). We ate it at home as a little family. We stuck a candle in a KFC bread roll and sang to our little guy. It was pretty special all in all.

But Topher is already developing into a respectable little man of his words. Remember he said he would try to poo more often? He did it! He pooed again on Saturday- after having already pooed once this week when he went on Friday! Hopefully he has turned over a new leaf. Only time will tell, but for now I am so proud of my baby. Two poos in a week! Super!

So, we just got home from small group, and I am tired. Last night Topher freaked out momentarily at about seven, so I fed him and he fell asleep in his swing. He woke up to eat again at about 9, but I knew we would not be getting much sleep. Topher woke me up at 3, then 5, then at 7:30, at which point I was already awake because of Lily. It’s kinda been a long day. I had my permanent porcelain crown put in , then I went to the office and worked for about 4 hours. I came home to a pretty tired Chris Watson who spent the day with a non-napping Lily. I honestly think she was so excited to be home with her dad that she just did not want to miss a moment without him, so she went down for two naps, but only slept for a total of about an hour. So of course she was not in a very good mood, and when the babysitter that she had never met before showed up at the door, Lily went into super-pissed mode. Man that girl can cry! Chris and I literally ran out of the house. I came home to find out that Lily fell asleep at 6:40. Five minutes after Chris and I left. I am glad that she was not a problem for the babysitter, but now she’s going to wake up before six. Y.I.K.E.S. It’s already quarter to eleven. That gives me… not a lot of time… fortunately it’s Chris’ turn to wake up with Lily.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

get the newsletter

You don't have enough going on in your inbox.
We can help you with that. Jk.
We won't spam you.
Get updates on the podcast, and important foster care
and adoption resources!

Sign up for our newsletter!

Stay in the Know

Get the latest information from our episodes, and future giveaways, right in your inbox!

Get the Newsletter